JEFFERSON, Wis. - A man is under arrest after a fatal shooting at a motel in the Jefferson.
Police were called around 5:15 a.m. Monday to the shooting at the Hilltop Motel at 200 E. Truman St.. Officers found a female victim dead at the scene.
Police arrested a man in his 20s about 2 1/2 hours later. He offered no resistance.
Authorities say they have no evidence that any other suspects were involved.
The Jefferson Police Department, the Jefferson County sheriff's office and the Jefferson County district attorney's office are still investigating. An autopsy is scheduled Tuesday, and the victim's name will be released after her family is notified.
No other details were released.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two