TOWN OF WESTFIELD, Wis. - An accident in which a car rear-ended a tractor led to two people being sent to the hospital -- one by Med Flight -- Friday, according to officials.
The Sauk County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a crash involving tractor pulling a grain wagon on STH 23 near Narrows Creek Road in the Town of Westfield around 5:15 p.m., according to a release.
Upon arrival, deputies discovered the driver and passenger in the car appeared to have suffered serious injuries. UW Hospital Med Flight responded to the scene, officials said.
Both injured people were transported to UW-Madison, one by air and the other by a ground ambulance. The operator of the tractor was not injured, police said.
The crash is under investigation by the Sheriff's Office.
- Haunted house clown faces charges in groping incident
- Police: Man faces charges for stealing from unlocked vehicles
- Crash closes portion of interstate near Edgerton
- Most Wisconsin schools meet or exceed expectations in newly-released report cards
- Group encourages people to 'Make Time' by leaving phones behind
- Madison Police Department doesn't get grant to hire additional officers