MIDDLETON, Wis. - Drivers in Middleton are seeing more orange barrels as work begins on a busy stretch of University Avenue.
The city and Dane County have partnered to reconstruct a 1-mile stretch of University Avenue between Park Street and Allen Boulevard, city officials said Thursday. Staging work began Wednesday and pavement removal is expected to begin Monday.
The project will include new curbs and gutters as well as new asphalt and pedestrian islands at several marked crossings, officials said. Traffic will be reduced to two lanes during construction, prompting several bus stops along University Avenue to temporarily close.
The work is expected to be completed by mid-August, officials said.
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI