MIDDLETON, Wis. - Drivers in Middleton are seeing more orange barrels as work begins on a busy stretch of University Avenue.
The city and Dane County have partnered to reconstruct a 1-mile stretch of University Avenue between Park Street and Allen Boulevard, city officials said Thursday. Staging work began Wednesday and pavement removal is expected to begin Monday.
The project will include new curbs and gutters as well as new asphalt and pedestrian islands at several marked crossings, officials said. Traffic will be reduced to two lanes during construction, prompting several bus stops along University Avenue to temporarily close.
The work is expected to be completed by mid-August, officials said.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK