MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman has reclaimed what she describes as a priceless music collection Friday that was found nearly a week ago on the near east side, according to a release.
A woman identified as Vanessa heard about the discovery from a friend and reclaimed the small black suitcase containing nearly 40 original and mix cassette tapes including Slash, They Might Be Giants and Jane's Addiction.
An officer was originally dispatched to Elmside Boulevard Sunday morning around 9:17 after a resident reported seeing a small black suitcase that was suspicious and too heavy to move, according to the release.
The responding officer said she recognized the possible significance of the collection to the person who misplaced it and went door-to-door to see if anyone knew of someone missing the briefcase, according to the release.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns