MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman has reclaimed what she describes as a priceless music collection Friday that was found nearly a week ago on the near east side, according to a release.
A woman identified as Vanessa heard about the discovery from a friend and reclaimed the small black suitcase containing nearly 40 original and mix cassette tapes including Slash, They Might Be Giants and Jane's Addiction.
An officer was originally dispatched to Elmside Boulevard Sunday morning around 9:17 after a resident reported seeing a small black suitcase that was suspicious and too heavy to move, according to the release.
The responding officer said she recognized the possible significance of the collection to the person who misplaced it and went door-to-door to see if anyone knew of someone missing the briefcase, according to the release.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land