MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman has reclaimed what she describes as a priceless music collection Friday that was found nearly a week ago on the near east side, according to a release.
A woman identified as Vanessa heard about the discovery from a friend and reclaimed the small black suitcase containing nearly 40 original and mix cassette tapes including Slash, They Might Be Giants and Jane's Addiction.
An officer was originally dispatched to Elmside Boulevard Sunday morning around 9:17 after a resident reported seeing a small black suitcase that was suspicious and too heavy to move, according to the release.
The responding officer said she recognized the possible significance of the collection to the person who misplaced it and went door-to-door to see if anyone knew of someone missing the briefcase, according to the release.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK