CLINTON, Wis. - Clinton police have arrested a suspect in a fire that damaged property at a local church, according to a Facebook post from the police chief.
According to Chief Dave Hooker, suspect Alex J. Thomas, 20, voluntarily turned himself in to the Clinton Police Department. Hooker said in his post that police are still looking for a second suspect in the arson, a 17-year-old female.
The fire, on the property of First Presbyterian Church in Clinton, occurred on Aug. 13, involving a vacant house and a nearby playground. Damage to the property is estimated to be roughly $200,000, and a 46-year-old woman is already in custody on suspicion of accessory to the crime.
- Review: 'American Assassin' as generic as it gets in its genre
- DAIS shines lantern on domestic violence in light of homicide
- Police respond to car, pedestrian crash in DeForest
- Man pistol-whipped on the east side
- 6-year-old molested on Madison playground, police say
- Madison anti-abortion group plans to expand presence in front of Planned Parenthood