MADISON, Wis. - The City of Madison suspended its website over a security concern Thursday. Department of Information Technology staff replaced the full page with a temporary scaled-down webpage.
A city news release said the maintenance was unexpected, and the vulnerability relates to a software product used for support.
Chief Information Officer Paul Kronberger said the product, Adobe Cold Fusion, contains a security hole and will be upgraded to a newer version.
The City of Madison replacement page contains links to ePayments, Metro Transit and snow updates.
Technology staff said the full site is expected to be restored by this weekend.
- Fire officials: Fatal apartment fire started by candle
- Judge denies request to stop hearing to remove Green Bay mayor
- Medical examiner IDs man who died in east Madison fire
- Report of vehicle in ditch leads to 8th-OWI arrest
- 90 cans of baby formula stolen from Walmart
- Kentucky shooting suspect might be headed to Wisconsin