MADISON, Wis. - The City of Madison suspended its website over a security concern Thursday. Department of Information Technology staff replaced the full page with a temporary scaled-down webpage.
A city news release said the maintenance was unexpected, and the vulnerability relates to a software product used for support.
Chief Information Officer Paul Kronberger said the product, Adobe Cold Fusion, contains a security hole and will be upgraded to a newer version.
The City of Madison replacement page contains links to ePayments, Metro Transit and snow updates.
Technology staff said the full site is expected to be restored by this weekend.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire