BELMONT, Wis. - A cheese plant in Belmont was evacuated Friday morning and several employees were taken to a hospital after two chemicals were accidentally mixed together, officials said.
Montchevre president Arnaud Solandt told News 3 an employee accidentally mixed two chemicals together, which caused a smoke reaction.
Solandt said the company evacuated the plant, called emergency crews to the scene, and had all of their employees checked out as a precaution. He said a few employees were taken to a hospital as a precaution, but the all of the other employees were cleared. Solandt did not have an exact number of employees who were taken to a hospital or checked at the scene.
As of 11 a.m., Solandt said emergency crews had tested the plant and cleared it and the employees to go back to work.
Democratic bill hopes to end practice of shackling inmates during childbirth
Janesville school, church team up to send school supplies to Texas teacher
- Democratic bill hopes to end practice of shackling inmates during childbirth
- Janesville school, church team up to send school supplies to Texas teacher
- Court docs: Driver in fatal crash says it was her 3rd OWI arrest in 3 days
- Amputee designs prosthetic skate for little boy
- Postal worker who opened more than 250 customers' mail gets probation
- Police ask for help finding mugger who told victim she 'shouldn't walk alone'