JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested at his home on suspicion of eighth offense operating while intoxicated after leading deputies on a chase Monday morning, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Highway 14 west of Highway 51 at 9:14 a.m. for a report of a car swerving into oncoming traffic, forcing a vehicle to drive onto the shoulder to avoid a collision.
Deputies said a car matching a description of the car on Highway 14 was spotted on Highland Avenue in Janesville. Deputies said they attempted to stop the car but cut off the pursuit when the suspect vehicle reached 70 mph.
Michael Multon, 38, was taken into custody at his home and arrested on suspicion of eighth offense OWI, fleeing, operating after revocation, and open intoxicants.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say