JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Janesville man was arrested at his home on suspicion of eighth offense operating while intoxicated after leading deputies on a chase Monday morning, according to the Rock County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Highway 14 west of Highway 51 at 9:14 a.m. for a report of a car swerving into oncoming traffic, forcing a vehicle to drive onto the shoulder to avoid a collision.
Deputies said a car matching a description of the car on Highway 14 was spotted on Highland Avenue in Janesville. Deputies said they attempted to stop the car but cut off the pursuit when the suspect vehicle reached 70 mph.
Michael Multon, 38, was taken into custody at his home and arrested on suspicion of eighth offense OWI, fleeing, operating after revocation, and open intoxicants.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial