TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - A car was destroyed in a fire that started when the owner was cutting an exhaust pipe, according to a release from the Town of Beloit Fire Department.
Firefighters were called at 5:49 p.m. Wednesday to 2205 S. Nye School Road on a report of a car on fire near a garage. They found a car fully involved in fire near a home when they arrived.
Rain and wind blowing in a favorable direction helped save the house, according to fire officials.
Investigators said the fire started when the car’s owner was cutting an exhaust pipe in the rear of the vehicle and it burst into flames. It’s not known if there was a fuel leak or what was actually ignited.
The car, a 1999 Oldsmobile Cutlass was a total loss.
- 81 year-old UW Heath nurse thankful for decades of service
- 29-year-old's arm trapped under rolled, crashed vehicle, sheriff says
- Police: Man fatally shot in Milwaukee during argument
- Authorities arrest person of interest in sexual assaults
- Barn fire causes $75,000 in damage
- Business owner calls for action after months of waiting for charges from DA