MONONA, Wis. - A suspect in a Monona business burglary suffered significant injuries while attempting to flee from police early Monday morning, the Monona Police Department said.
Monona police said they received a call about 12:45 a.m. Monday for a burglary in progress at Walltech Inc. at 7025 Raywood Rd.
Police said a late night maintenance worker heard people break into the business. Three burglars fled on foot, police said.
Madison police, McFarland police and the Wisconsin State Patrol assisted in setting up a perimeter. A Monona police K9 unit started a track from the business and eventually the K9 tracked down one of the three burglars, according to a Monona Police Department news release.
Police said the suspected burglar possessed burglary tools and was taken into custody.
Monona police said the suspect, identified as Adam D. Batz, 29, was significantly injured from falling over one of the fences he scaled and he was transported to a hospital.
Monona police said they have information on the other two suspects and are actively looking for them.
After some long-term medical treatment, Batz will face burglary charges, Monona police said.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry