BELOIT, Wis. - Police said a hazardous item reported in a car near a Beloit credit union Wednesday afternoon was identified as a fake grenade.
Rock County Dispatch said it received a report at 3:02 p.m. of a car with a suspicious item at First Community Credit Union, 1702 Park Ave.
Dispatchers said some roads near the credit union were blocked, but they were reopened around 5 p.m.
Capt. Dan Risse said police were waiting on a Winnebago County, Illinois, law enforcement team to assess the item.
Beloit police said the car involved in the incident was repossessed, but the owner will not face any charges.
- Crew fights roadside minivan fire on Beltline
- Girl Scouts make a special delivery
- Unemployment down in most of state's larger cities; Beloit an exception
- Group fights racial disparities in HIV/AIDS treatment
- Burglar enters home through window, steal's family's SUV
- Walker tweets opposition to gas tax hike