BELOIT, Wis. - Police said a hazardous item reported in a car near a Beloit credit union Wednesday afternoon was identified as a fake grenade.
Rock County Dispatch said it received a report at 3:02 p.m. of a car with a suspicious item at First Community Credit Union, 1702 Park Ave.
Dispatchers said some roads near the credit union were blocked, but they were reopened around 5 p.m.
Capt. Dan Risse said police were waiting on a Winnebago County, Illinois, law enforcement team to assess the item.
Beloit police said the car involved in the incident was repossessed, but the owner will not face any charges.
- Fish kill hits Traxler Park Lagoon in Janesville
- German delegation studies Madison College cyber security program
- More than 2,000 patients' info hacked, UW Health says
- Milwaukee man dies in police custody
- Oscar Mayer employees rally against KraftHeinz actions in final weeks of production
- Death threat email is scam, police say