The Rock County coroner has confirmed Todd Purdy, the man pulled out of a collapsed Beloit home Sunday night, died Thursday.
Officials said an autopsy has not yet bee scheduled but the preliminary cause of death is burn injuries and smoke inhalation.
Purdy also had burns over more than half of his body, officials said.
Investigators said a gas line to a newly installed stove was not capped, and that caused the gas leak and explosion.
The house at 2041 Meridith Drive exploded and collapsed Sunday evening, according to the Beloit Fire Department.
Tara Purdy, 33, was rescued about 20 minutes after the initial call and suffered minor burns. Todd Purdy was pulled out of the home with severe burns.
Brad Liggett, Beloit fire chief, said family members helped install the stove, and a contractor was not assisting in the upgrade.
One family pet died in the explosion. Another survived, according to fire officials.