BARABOO, Wis. - A local girl emptied her piggy bank for a fundraiser to support the Baraboo K-9 unit, according to a Facebook post from the Baraboo Police Department.
The girl’s mother transcribed a letter detailing her thanks for the animals working in the department, and enclosed was every penny in the girl’s piggy bank. The fund joined the $1,500 raised in the third annual Doggie Wash, with all of the money going toward training and caring for police animals.
The young girl’s donation came to exactly $14. Police did not name the girl or her family.
- New $167M Wisconsin wind farm expected to power 25,000 homes
- University of Wisconsin-Superior suspends 25 programs
- Wisconsin fans line up for ESPN's College GameDay
- Girl Scouts hosts event to encourage the pursuit of STEM careers
- Monroe woman makes quilts for pancreatic cancer patients in her community
- Milton family fed up with school district