DETROIT - A medical examiner has determined that Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell killed himself by hanging in a Detroit hotel room following a concert.
A full autopsy report was not yet completed Thursday afternoon.
Two Detroit newspapers had earlier cited a police spokesman Cornell was found with "a band around his neck."
A different Detroit Police spokesman, Michael Woody, told The Associated Press Thursday that he could not confirm that Cornell died with a band around his neck.
The Detroit Free Press reported that Detroit police social media manager Dontae Freeman said Cornell was found dead in a hotel room at the MGM Grand Detroit hotel with "a band around his neck." The Detroit News cited Freeman in a similar report.
The 52-year-old Cornell had just performed with Soundgarden at Detroit's Fox Theatre.
- Vigil hosted outside Capitol to support officers following vandalism
- Group protests jail funding in Dane County budget
- Police: Man reports car shot at, damage suggests BB gun
- Baraboo girl empties her piggy bank for police dogs
- Dane County officials look to reduce traffic deaths
- Armed bank robber found guilty by jury, officials said