KENOSHA, Wis. - Pleasant Prairie Police responding to a complaint Thursday morning found 52 dogs in a residence in the 8600 block of 120th Avenue.
Police search the home and found a large amount of animal feces and numerous dogs living with the residence owner.
The home was deemed uninhabitable by authorities.
Fifty-two dogs from inside the residence were relocated to Safe Harbor Humane Society for care.
The 66-year-old occupant of the residence was taken into custody and is being held at Kenosha County Jail on numerous charges.
Anyone with any information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Pleasant Prairie Police Department at 262-694-7353 or Kenosha Area Crime Stoppers at 262-656-7333.
The intake of 52 dogs has strained the resources of the Safe Harbor Humane Society.
You can help by donating at www.safeharborhumanesociety.org or mail donations to 7811 60th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53142.
- Stoughton man arrested on fifth offense driving while intoxicated
- The art of gratitude: Doctors say giving thanks improves your health
- Protesters rally to urge Paul Ryan to pass Dream Act
- Scam artists target older Madisonians, asks them to send cash
- Keep pets safe during the holidays: Top 10 food toxins to avoid
- Wisconsin DNR finds invasive carp in Wisconsin River