A 19-year-old Madison man was the victim of an attempted phone scam.
The callers contacted the victim April 8 and claimed to be a law firm representing a cash advance store. The callers from "Anderson Law Firm" told the victim that he had to pay an outstanding $300 loan or he would be incarcerated.
The victim told police he was troubled the callers had his personal information, including his Social Security number.
The teen said he talked with several different people, and thought their accents were Middle Eastern.
The callers phoned from 334-316-2525. A Google search by the victim indicated that others have been falsely contacted by the phony law firm.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday