MADISON, Wis. - A Madison teenager robbed a west Madison gas station at gunpoint Sunday afternoon, police said.
Madison police said officers responded to the Citgo at 4602 Verona Road at 1:30 p.m. for a report of a robbery. A male had entered the gas station with a handgun and demanded money. The clerk put an undisclosed amount of money in a purse. The suspect fled on foot in a west-northwest direction, police said.
Police said Monday morning that officers used area surveillance video on Sunday to identify a getaway car and the description was shared with on-duty officers.
A west district officer spotted the car just after 5 p.m. on Mineral Point Road near Grand Canyon Drive, according to the report. The car pulled into a parking lot and two people got out. A weapon was found in the car.
Cody D. Shell, 17, was arrested on suspicion of armed robbery. Shell is also a person of interest in a series of recent holdups that targeted area gas stations and convenience stores, police said.
- Janesville woman faces 6th OWI charge
- Adams County deputies searching for two missing children
- Juneau County deputies investigate human remains found in woods
- Badgers stay undefeated with 24-10 win over Michigan, make case for playoff spot
- Group dedicates 50-year time capsule to mark critical moment in climate history
- Football fans flood Madison for Badger, Wolverine matchup