BELOIT, Wis. - After about 14 hours in a standoff on the 2000 block of St. Lawrence Street in Beloit, officials are looking for a man who pointed a gun at his girlfriend Wednesday morning, according to the City of Beloit Police Department.
Vernon T. Lige, 31, is wanted for endangering safety with a firearm and violation of domestic abuse injunction, according to police.
The investigation at the residence will continue, but roadways will be opened to the public soon, according to police.
Police had asked residents to avoid two blocks as officers worked on resolving the incident that started at 8:30 a.m.
Anyone with information about Lige's whereabouts is asked to contact Rock County dispatch at 608-757-2244 or submit a tip to www.p3tips.com.
- AAA predicts record number of Wisconsinites will fly for Thanksgiving
- Mom meets four children who received her son's organs
- Teachers on paid leave following social media posts about fatal shooting of student
- Airborne SUV in police pursuit lands on Janesville courthouse lawn, police say
- MPD: One hurt after gun involved fight
- Bomb squad called after man arrested for reckless driving