(CNN) -- The Syrian ambassador to the U.N., Bashar Jaafari, has asked the U.N. secretary-general to launch an investigation into what Syria claims was the use of chemical weapons Tuesday by "terrorist groups" in Khan al-Asal, Syria, Jaafari said Wednesday. The opposition Free Syrian Army earlier said rebels don't have access to chemical weapons, and another opposition group accused the Syrian government of launching "chemical rockets" against the town of Ateibeh.
Local and Regional News
- 5 percent of Wis. bridges 'functionally obsolete'
- May 31 deadline to join no call list
- Northern musky season begins
- 5-year-old run over, killed in restaurant parking lot
- Milwaukee special ed teacher faces sex-related charges
- 'Thong Cape Scooter Man' cleared from complaint
- Man killed in Walworth County crash a policeman
- Proposal would collect DNA in misdemeanor cases
- Pizza driver on delivery robbed, police say
- Police issue warning about 'Nerf gun war'