(CNN) -- A controversial gun measure won't become law in Missouri after a push to override the governor's veto fell one vote short of approval in the state's Senate Wednesday. The measure, HB 436, would have essentially nullified federal gun laws in Missouri.
Local and Regional News
- Packers end 5-game slide, beat Falcons 22-21
- Sen. Vinehout involved in multi-car crash on I-94
- 1 dead, 3 injured in Dodge Co. crash, officials say
- Snow causes treacherous driving in S Wis.
- Packers tickets affordable, available this weekend
- Gun-rights advocates oppose Madison bus ban
- Milwaukee police seek people who fled fatal crash
- 1 sustains life-threatening injuries in Hwy 33 crash
- 2 dead, 1 injured in incident at NW Wisconsin home
- Scientists test ideas in bird botulism outbreaks