Editors: The story Philippines Typhoon, which was last published at 8:54 p.m. on Saturday, December 8, incorrectly stated the scale of Typhoon Bopha. It is the strongest tropical cyclone to hit the Philippine island of Mindanao in decades, not the strongest to hit the Philippines in decades. It is the strongest typhoon to hit the Philippines this year. Also, the byline and dateline on the story were outdated. The byline should have been "CNN Staff" and the story should not have carried a dateline. Please correct all copy as needed.
Local and Regional News
- Five percent of Wis. bridges "functionally obsolete"
- Bicyclist hit and killed by vehicle at Mineral Point Road and Yellowstone Drive
- Jurors deliberate in raw milk trial
- Gov. Walker dismisses rent to own defeat.
- Wis. Rep. Paul Ryan to write book
- Heavy traffic expected to kick off Memorial Day weekend
- Man charged in 2008 Wisconsin Rapids death
- Teens arrested after throwing water balloons at vehicles
- Man convicted of killing mother sentenced to life in prison
- Madison-area economic development partnership announces new plan