(CNN) -- Dale County, Alabama, Sheriff Wally Olson said the suspect who has held a 5-year-old boy hostage in an underground bunker in southeastern Alabama for five days has assured authorities that he is taking care of the child. Authorities have been able to provide coloring books, toys and medication to the boy.
Local and Regional News
- Snow emergency declared in Madison
- Packers end 5-game slide, beat Falcons 22-21
- Sen. Vinehout involved in multi-car crash on I-94
- 1 dead, 3 injured in Dodge Co. crash, officials say
- Snow causes treacherous driving in S Wis.
- Packers tickets affordable, available this weekend
- Gun-rights advocates oppose Madison bus ban
- Milwaukee police seek people who fled fatal crash
- 1 sustains life-threatening injuries in Hwy 33 crash
- 2 dead, 1 injured in incident at NW Wisconsin home