(CNN) -- Dale County, Alabama, Sheriff Wally Olson said the suspect who has held a 5-year-old boy hostage in an underground bunker in southeastern Alabama for five days has assured authorities that he is taking care of the child. Authorities have been able to provide coloring books, toys and medication to the boy.
Local and Regional News
- Shorewood Hills tops new edition of 'Rating the Suburbs'
- Volunteers, supplies leave Madison for tornado-ravaged Okla.
- 5 percent of Wis. bridges 'functionally obsolete'
- May 31 deadline to join no call list
- Northern musky season begins
- 5-year-old run over, killed in restaurant parking lot
- Milwaukee special ed teacher faces sex-related charges
- 'Thong Cape Scooter Man' cleared from complaint
- Man killed in Walworth County crash a policeman
- Proposal would collect DNA in misdemeanor cases