Report: CO caused woman's death in ice shanty
Authorities don't suspect foul play
Authorities said carbon monoxide poisoning caused the death of a Chilton woman in an ice shanty on Lake Winnebago.
An autopsy on 30-year-old Sara Meyer was performed Monday. Meyer was declared dead at the shanty Saturday. A 37-year-old man who was found unresponsive in the shelter was taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. His name and condition have not been released.
The Calumet County Sheriff's Office said the investigation is continuing, but foul play is not suspected.
Authorities are urging anglers to use caution when heating their fishing shanties, and to make sure their heating equipment is in good working order and vented properly.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.