A pot left on a kitchen stove started a fire that damaged a Madison restaurant Monday morning, according to the Madison Fire Department.
The fire at Taqueria Guadalajara, at 1033 S. Park St., was reported shortly after 7 a.m. and firefighters observed smoke from the restaurant four blocks away.
Investigators said the fire started when a pot left on the stove melted and nearby combustible materials lit on fire.
Total damage is estimated at $225,000, with $150,000 in damage done to the structure and $75,000 in damage done to its contents.
The restaurant owners have told the fire department they plan on reopening at the same location.