Madison police are trying to find a man who they believe is connected to three robberies, two attempted robberies and a burglary.
Police said the following incidents have similarities:
- July 14 robbery of Chase Bank, 602 N. Highpoint Road
- Aug. 20 attempted robbery of Chase Bank, 602 N. Highpoint Road
- Aug. 26 attempted robbery of Union Bank & Trust, Village of Oregon
- Aug. 27 robbery of Anchor Bank, 216 Cottage Grove Road
- Sept. 2 robbery of Heritage Credit Union, 2555 Shopko Drive
- Sept. 10 burglary of U.S. Bank, 6420 Cottage Grove Road
Police are looking for a man described as black, 30-40 years old, 5 feet, 8 inches to 6 feet tall and weighing 250 pounds. He was seen wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, sunglasses and a bandanna over his face.
Investigators said the crimes generally occur on Fridays or Saturdays and typically during morning hours.
Anyone with information on the crimes is asked to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.