Pigs killed in shed fire

Three sheds destroyed

Published On: Apr 12 2013 08:44:00 AM CDT   Updated On: Apr 12 2013 08:44:13 AM CDT
fire, generic, gen firefighter

Numerous pigs were killed in a fire that destroyed three sheds in the town of Deerfield on Thursday.

Firefighters from Lake Mills and Deerfield were called to 168 Fair Oaks Road at 8:55 p.m. for a report of a shed fire. Firefighters found three 20 x 30-foot detached sheds fully engulfed when they arrived.

One of the sheds contained several pigs which died in the fire. The other two sheds contained equipment.

168 Fair Oaks Road

The sheds and their contents are considered total losses, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.

A heat lamp used inside one of the sheds is believed to be the cause of the fire.