Numerous pigs were killed in a fire that destroyed three sheds in the town of Deerfield on Thursday.
Firefighters from Lake Mills and Deerfield were called to 168 Fair Oaks Road at 8:55 p.m. for a report of a shed fire. Firefighters found three 20 x 30-foot detached sheds fully engulfed when they arrived.
One of the sheds contained several pigs which died in the fire. The other two sheds contained equipment.
The sheds and their contents are considered total losses, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A heat lamp used inside one of the sheds is believed to be the cause of the fire.