A Polish man endured a three-hour operation to remove a screwdriver that was lodged about two inches into his head.

The 25-year-old man was working in his garden in Bialystok late last week when he slipped and jammed the Phillips head screwdriver into his skull, according to The Associated Press.

Upon regaining consciousness, he only felt pain his hand before realizing he had a much bigger problem.

"Next thing I remember it was my hand hurting and some weird thing near my eyes," the man, who didn't give his name, told Caters News.

He walked to his car, looked in the mirror and discovered the screwdriver lodged above his right eye, the New York Daily News reported.

But not even that sparked too much alarm.

Doctors told Poland's TVN24 the man smoked a cigarette to calm his nerves before asking a neighbor to drive him to the hospital.