Madison man charged in 5 robberies
Police say man targeted businesses
A 46-year-old Madison man has been charged with five counts of robbery following a Madison Police Department investigation.
Madison police said the investigation connected David L. Parker to a crime spree that included the following strong-arm robberies:
- L.A. Tan, 3162 Maple Grove Rd., on April 30, 2012
- Jimmy John's, 1791 Thierer Rd., on Jan. 26, 2013
- Milio's, 2202 E. Johnson St., on Jan. 26, 2013
- Merle Norman, 4240 East Towne Blvd., on Feb. 1, 2013.
- L.A. Tan, 4102 Lien Rd., on Feb. 1, 2013.
According to online Wisconsin Circuit Court Access records, Parker's criminal history includes two prior robbery convictions in Dane County: one in 1987, and a second in 1994.
Following the 1994 conviction for armed robbery, he was sentenced to seven years in prison, according to Madison police.
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.