Healthy 'Everythingtarian': Make Your Own Quinoa Bowls
Holly Whittlef Presents Healthy Recipes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (14-oz.) can garbanzo beans
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1-2 T)
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1/2 t dried basil leaves
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt + pepper, to taste
- Optional additions: roasted chicken, goat cheese, walnuts, red onion
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, halve the cherry tomatoes, toss in 1/2 T olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Take out of the oven and let cool.
For vinaigrette, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, basil, crushed red pepper and salt + pepper.
To serve, fold together chopped spinach, garbanzo beans, cherry tomatoes, cooked quinoa + spicy lemon vinaigrette in a large bowl. Garnish with your choice of additions.
Makes 4 large servings or 8 side dish-size servings
Copyright 2012 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.