Gas grill explosion leads to Janesville house fire
Fire spread to neighboring house
Janesville fire authorities said an LP gas grill explosion led to a house fire on Friday.
Fire crews arrived at 3205 Canterbury Drive in Janesville to find flames had engulfed the back of the home and had spread to a neighboring house.
Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire, but were unable to save two cats and a bird inside the residence. Authorities said the residents and three dogs were able to escape safely.
Damages were estimated at $250,000 and the fire is under investigation. Fire authorities said a grill malfunction was the official cause of the fire.
Copyright 2012 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.