Food plant damaged by smoke
Overheated equipment prompts evacuation
Kettle Foods' manufacturing plant in Beloit suffered moderate to heavy smoke damage because of malfunctioning equipment.
Beloit firefighters were called to the plant at 3150 Kettle Way at 1:16 a.m. Wednesday.
The smoke damage is blamed on an overheated centrifuge, according to fire officials. The fire was contained to one cooking unit.
Employees got out safely and there were no injuries.
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.