BARABOO, Wis. -

A Baraboo family escaped injury early Saturday morning, when a fire started in their house.

Baraboo Fire Chief Kevin Stieve said fire crews were called to E13446 Bluff Road at around 2:17 a.m. Crews saw smoke coming out of the two-story dwelling.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire quickly and reported the fire started in the chimney. It spread through cracks in the chimney to the roof.

Fire authorities said no one was hurt. The home's owner, Paul Phillips, and two other adult relatives lived at the house. 

The fire caused extensive damage to the roof and there was heat, smoke, and water damage to the rest of the house.

The Baraboo Fire Department reminds all citizens to have working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms.