Charges delayed in Montee Ball attack

Published On: Sep 10 2012 12:25:43 PM CDT   Updated On: Dec 24 2012 08:27:24 AM CST
MADISON, Wis. -

A prosecutor said charges against three men accused of assaulting Wisconsin running back Montee Ball are delayed because he doesn't have all the police reports from last month's incident.

Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne told a court commissioner Monday that not all of the police reports have been received by prosecutors. WKOW-TV reports Ozanne said an initial appearance for the men on unspecified charges could be scheduled for Sept. 17.

Probable cause affidavits say a witness and surveillance video place the men in the area where Ball was attacked Aug. 1. The Heisman Trophy finalist suffered a concussion during the early morning assault near campus.

Ball was smothered by Oregon State's defense Saturday when the Beavers upset the Badgers 10-7.