Basement fire damages Middleton home
Fire had progressed before firefighters arrived
A basement fire damaged a home in Middleton Friday, according to the Middleton Fire Department.
Firefighters were called to 7505 Voss Parkway late Friday morning by a neighbor who said he came home to smell smoke in his house and saw heavy smoke coming from his neighbor’s home.
Fire officials at the scene told WISC-TV the fire was coming from the basement, transferred through the floor to the main entry area and was well-advanced by the time they arrived.
A backdraft resulted in heavy smoldering inside the home, according to fire officials. The floors of the home partially collapsed.
The cause of the fire and damage estimates are yet to be determined.
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.