MADISON, Wis. - The 8th-ranked Badgers lost to No. 2 Ohio State in overtime at Camp Randall Stadium on Saturday night, 30-23.
The Buckeyes were led by quarterback JT Barrett, who took charge in the rushing game, picking up 92 yards on 21 carries. He also scored 2 touchdowns.
Wisconsin quarterback Alex Hornibrook completed 16/28 passes for a total of 214 yards, 1 touchdown and 1 interception in the Badgers loss.
In the 1st half, the Badgers defense did not allow the Buckeyes to score a touchdown, which hasn't happened so far this season.
Ohio State is now 20-0 on the road under head coach Urban Meyer.
University of Wisconsin Police Department officials said there were 30 citations issued during Saturday's game.
There were 27 arrests made and 72 people ejected from the game, police said.
Officials said two people were taken to detox, and there were four people who had a blood alcohol content 0.20 or higher.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend