MADISON, Wis. - Seven Wisconsin cities are within the top ten of a list of the drunkest cities in America. Ten Wisconsin cities are on the top 20 list.
24/7 Wall St.’s Drunkest Cities in America list puts Green Bay at the top, followed by Eau Claire at No. 2, Appleton at No. 3, Madison at No. 4, Oshkosh at No. 6, Wausau at No. 9, La Crosse at No. 10, Fond du Lac at No. 12, Sheboygan at No. 15 and Milwaukee at No. 20.
According to the survey, 25.9 percent of Madison area adults report drinking excessively or binge drinking on a regular basis, well above the 18 percent share of American adults. The Madison metro area is one of only five cities in the U.S. where more than one in every four adults drinks excessively.
The survey showed Madison adults tend to be relatively healthy on the whole. Only 11.5 percent of Madison area adults report being in fair or poor health, one of the smallest shares of any U.S. metro area and well below the 15 percent national share.
- Walker's son offered to get out and walk during stop
- Authorities identify woman who died in marina crash
- Suspected bank robbers crash off Beltline after high-speed chase, police say
- Packers sign QB Jerod Evans to practice squad
- Police: 20-year old accused of multiple hit-and-runs, stealing car, driving under influence
- Police investigate reported gunfire during fight in Fitchburg