JANESVILLE, Wis. - The man accused of killing an Illinois man in Janesville this weekend was in court Tuesday afternoon.
A $500,000 cash bond was set for 32-year-old Barquis McKnight, also known as Barquis Odom, of Beloit.
He's charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 28-year-old Eddie Lee Jones, of Markham, Illinois.
Jones was shot early Sunday morning on Franklin Street. Police believe it started with a verbal altercation.
It was the first homicide for Janesville since 2014.
- Fitchburg to launch rideshare service
- Red Cross: multiple people displaced in Juneau County fire
- Coroner: Marquette County hunter dies of gunshot wound; officials investigate
- City of Madison asks for feedback on proposed ID program
- Three hunters shoot themselves on Wisconsin gun deer opener
- Ravens force 5 TOs, rout struggling Packers 23-0