WAUPACA, Wis. - A driver who killed a man in a drunken driving crash and left the scene in Waupaca County has been sentenced to five years in prison.
A pickup truck driven by Allen Guse of Marion cross the center line of the road and struck a minivan, killing 35-year-old Matthew Egerer in March of 2015. Guse walked away from the scene and was later arrested.
WLUK-TV reported that Guse was convicted of homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle. A judge Thursday also ordered him to serve five years of supervision following his prison term.
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief