WAUPACA, Wis. - A driver who killed a man in a drunken driving crash and left the scene in Waupaca County has been sentenced to five years in prison.
A pickup truck driven by Allen Guse of Marion cross the center line of the road and struck a minivan, killing 35-year-old Matthew Egerer in March of 2015. Guse walked away from the scene and was later arrested.
WLUK-TV reported that Guse was convicted of homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle. A judge Thursday also ordered him to serve five years of supervision following his prison term.
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water
- Community reacts to Tony Robinson case settlement
- Capitol Petro shooter to spend 10 years in prison
- Former federal prison employee sentenced for bringing contraband to inmates
- DNA leads to Janesville arrest in 2000 rape case, police say