MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police have arrested the father of a 2-year-old boy who they say found a loaded handgun and accidentally shot himself.
Authorities say the toddler survived the shooting and was taken to the hospital Tuesday night. Police say his injury is non-life threatening.
Officials say the father was arrested because he left the gun in a location that was accessible to his son. The Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office will review the case in the coming days.
- Coroner: Marquette County hunter dies of gunshot wound; officials investigate
- City of Madison asks for feedback on proposed ID program
- Three hunters shoot themselves on Wisconsin gun deer opener
- Ravens force 5 TOs, rout struggling Packers 23-0
- Town of Middleton barn fire closes Pioneer Road
- Waupun police seek information about missing, endangered man