The eastern Wisconsin site of a 1860s-era stagecoach inn has received $13.5 million in renovations.
The Wade House now has a new visitor center and carriage museum as well as new wagons for the horse-drawn wagon rides.
The visitor center will have a large room for functions, a classroom and a cafe, among other things. The Wesley W. Jung Carriage Museum houses the state's largest collection of antique carriages and working wagons.
The inn itself was built in 1850 by Yankee settlers and the site includes a working sawmill.
The public opening is next Saturday and will feature talks about project's construction, green building initiatives and site enhancements.
The Sheboygan County site is run by the Wisconsin Historical Society and about half the renovations were paid for by private entities.