WAUNAKEE, Wis. - A fatal crash closed Highway 19 in both directions in the Town of Springfield on Saturday, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The crash involving a Nissan Maxima and semitrailer occurred between Lodi-Springfield Road and Kuehn Road at about 11:15 a.m., authorities said.
The car's driver was pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities have not released the victim's name, pending notification of family.
The semi's driver, Joseph Connery, 43, was not hurt. Connery, from Muscoda, was driving west on Highway 19 when the oncoming car crossed the centerline and crashed into the semi, Dane County sheriff's officials said.
The semi's passenger, Donna Connery, suffered minor injuries. The 58-year-old, also from Muscoda, was taken to a local hospital.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office closed a portion of Highway 19 for about five hours Saturday while the crash was reconstructed.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement