Nondefense discretionary spending makes up the bulk of spending on domestic programs. And Ryan told reporters on Wednesday that his budget will include still more cuts to such programs.
Latest Money Headlines
- Poor hit hardest by Washington budget cuts
- Stocks claw back from steep losses
- Japan stocks close up after big plunge
- Japan's stock slump 'a sign of health?'
- IRS official involved in scandal on administrative leave
- 4 federal agencies to shut Friday
- Abercrombie's plus-size controversy
- Chrysler jabs Tesla over loan repayment
- 'Kindle Worlds' lets fan fiction writers sell stories
- New home sales rise