"YOU ARE NOT ALONE"
There have never been words adequate to address the Newtown, Connecticut tragedy. And yet it's too soon to try to write about anything else. Our emotions are still too raw. We all want to somehow touch the families of those victims, to let them know how much we care, but they are beyond the reach of words right now. Understandably so. But it does seem important to try to get across one sentiment in particular: you are not alone. The President said it and organizations across the country are mobilizing to respond and for those of us who want to do something this is an opportunity to let parents and families member know that while we know we can't ease the agony they are suffering that at the very least they are not going through this alone. So let's contribute, gather together and do what we can to seen that powerful message – we're with you, and you are not alone
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'