We want to conclude our week-long roll-out of our editorial agenda for the year with acknowledgement of what we left out. Left out does not mean un-remarked upon. We will emphasize issues not on our agenda periodically through the year. We just felt racial disparities, redistricting reform, preparing all of our children for successful lives, and fact-finding amidst politically-motivated budget, tax and job numbers claims and spin, merited special attention. But we heard your interest in children's issues, mental health issues, income disparity, the UW system, and the Affordable Care Act just to name a few, and we promise we will address those as well.
We also realize devoting a week to our agenda means we missed weighing in on the school district's technology plan, which we support, Governor Walker's focus on employment opportunities for people with disabilities, which we applaud, the farm bill, in which we are disappointed, and the death of Pete Seeger, about which we are saddened. And don't get us started on the weather. We'll get back on track tomorrow.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'