Among the guests at our annual editorial board planning retreat were former UW political scientist Charles Franklin and Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance president Todd Barry and by the end of the day we were convinced that, 1., we are going to be inundated with tax data, claims and promises in election campaigns soon to get underway, and 2., we're going to need help deciphering the relentless spin.
Now, we are not tax experts. But we know where to find them and it won't be in campaign officers or party headquarters. So were going to seek the help of economists and non-partisan analysts and see if we can't give you the benefit of a sort of collective Economic Spin Doctor against who to weight the various ads and talking points. We'll try to stick to the numbers and the facts and take nothing at face value. So that joins One Madison, Changing Who Chooses Who, and the Opportunity Gap as our agenda items for the year. We invite you to help us follow these important issues, and let us know how we're doing.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'