WISC EDITORIAL AGENDA 2013 – OUR SCHOOLS – YOU SAY YOU'RE
GOOD AT MATH?
You might remember that about half way through the last 15 years of the United Way of Dane County-led Schools of Hope project, the Urban League of Greater Madison stepped up to recruit math, algebra and geometry tutors. There's been great collaborations around 4th grade reading, graduation rates, and now attendance, but successful ling completing math and algebra is another important hurdle in the achievement gap so this is big one.
While United Way continues to recruit reading tutors, the Urban League is regularly recruiting math tutors and there are three upcoming sessions for volunteers including this Friday, next Wednesday and next Friday. Look…you know who you are. You're good at math and you could really help a student achieve. Go to the Urban League web site, find a recruitment meeting that works for you, and join the initiative to help students Cross the Finish Line. There's just a short time left in the academic year, but you can make a big difference.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'