WISC EDITORIAL AGENDA 2013 – OUR SCHOOLS/ ENTRY REPORT
The entry process continues for new Madison School Superintendent Jen Cheatham, and along with it her ninety day plan to structure her introduction to the district and build the blueprint for her stewardship of our schools.
Our assessment of her first report includes the conviction that Cheatham's done her due diligence. Her visits to every school, and conversations with people from every sector of our community, have built buy-in and good will. Her analysis of strengths and challenges strikes us as accurate. And her identification of five priority areas provides needed focus on college and career readiness, engaged families and community partners, an environment that attracts and retains talented teachers, and accountability throughout.
What is especially impressive is her commitment to getting this work done now. There's no talk of additional planning or new studies. By the end of July a framework and budget will be in place. Her goal remains decisive action by the start of the school year. Then, of course, the hard work starts. But so far the entry plan is on target.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'