WISC EDITORIAL AGENDA 2013 – OUR REGION
Our Climate, Our Schools, Our Government – issues we share and issues we need to focus on in 2013. Add to that Our Region, and here again we have a specific plan in mind – Advance Now. Advance Now is the working title for the five-pronged strategy for economic development in the Greater Madison Region. It's an eight-county, collaborative, job creation, capital attracting, branding and marketing effort that will, if successful, allow us to compete with other regions nationally as well as in the global marketplace.
In the last seven or eight years we've gotten pretty good at talking regionalism, the concept that issues like transportation, job training, health care, natural resources and more transcend municipal boundaries. Now we have to act. We have to advance regional cooperation, economic competitiveness, human capital, innovation and getting the message out and do it now.
That's our agenda…with one addition which we'll tell you about in our next editorial.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'