WISC EDITORIA AGENDA 2013 – OUR REGION/ SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Next Tuesday, a consultant team hired by the city of Madison will present a study that essentially concludes a Madison Sustainability Commerce Center is feasible. We believe this a critically important new development that could help shape the future of the Capitol East District along the East Washington Avenue corridor.
First, it would be a 75-thousand square foot building that would add jobs and energy to the District, building momentum for the growth of this new, urban neighborhood. As important however, it creates en economic vision for the area, as a cornerstone for a green and sustainable business sector that has the potential to draw international interest.
A Sustainability Center is exactly the kind of component part the Capitol East Corridor needs. We look forward to seeing proposals for its creation.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'